Friday, April 25, 2014

forget running

Running is just too painful, so I'm putting on the back burner. Cycling is where it's at for me, so I've joined cycle classes on Tuesdays and Saturdays at the Y.

Current stats:
weight: 211.6
Squat (3x5): 255
Bench (3x5): 180
Deadlift (1x5): 295
OHP (3x5): 115
BB Rows (3x5): 105

Today's lifts:
Squat:
Bench:
Deadlift:

I failed at the Bench on Monday pressing 185, so I'm trying the same weight again. Squat is progressing nicely, along with DLs and BB Rows. Today I'm going for 305 on the deadlift.

On Wednesday I did a circuit of dumbbell workouts via Mike Chang that I did after my Starting Strength B workout sans squats (OHP and BB Rows).
4 rounds (25lb weight):
DB Row (10 reps)
DB Bench (10 reps)
DB Curls (10 reps)
DB tricep extension (20 reps)
Shoulder Shrugs (20 reps)
This was a good workout, got my blood pumping and felt good overall. I don't know what kind of real gains I can expect, but I do enjoy working with the dumbbell.

My current routine, which seems to be changing over time, but still includes the core lifts:
Monday: SS A
Tuesday: Cycle class (1 hour)
Wednesday: SS B (minus squats to give my legs a rest), dumbbell workout
Thursday: Rest
Friday: SS A
Saturday: Cycle class (1 hour)
Sunday: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment