Thursday, November 7, 2013

strength

Yesterday's 5x5 workout was great. Hit 165 on the DL for 5 reps and was wiped! Felt great.

I didn't get a chance to run, so maybe I'll do that today.

A google search of "strength" gets about 319 million results.

A google search of "strength in the bible" gets about 50.5 million.

In one of those results, Heaven Inspirations, I found a list of 20 quotes that I found excellent to meditate upon. While I do wish to strengthen myself physically, I'm feeling that need to strengthen myself spiritually as well. Here are a few that really spoke to me.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully" -Colossians 1: 10-11

"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." -2 Timothy 2:1

The next few weeks I need to keep these verses in mind, need to keep reminding myself that I'm not alone.

A colleague of mine once said that religion is the "crutch of humanity." Well, I readily admit that I need that crutch, I need Jesus in my life. He strengthens me, renews me, through him I keep endurance and patience, and finally am strong in the grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment